Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does anyone work for, or recommend Schneider National as a good starter company in Truck Driving?

I have already applied and waiting for a reply. I jus wanted 2 get a little more info about Schneider. Is it a good company? How extensive is the training? Do they just train you enough so you just barely pass the CDL exam or do they teach you EVERYTHING about the trucks and driving. I plan on doing O-T-R, because i LOVE to travel and see the country and what better way to do it than getting paid for it. I live with my parents, so its not like i have any home issues or anything. I jus wanna know if Schneider has a good Quality of Work, and the way the treat their employees.
Does anyone work for, or recommend Schneider National as a good starter company in Truck Driving?
The Schneider drivers I know are working long hours, but they do get good training.





Stay away from PAM transport. The drivers there may be on the road for 3 weeks without getting time at home, but they will pay for your training with a guarantee of working for them for so many months afterwards.





So, the worst that can happen is to get into the company, put in the dues for a few months and then move into a better company once you have experience.
Reply:My husband drives solo for them. They talk a good game, then forget all their promises after you're training's finished. Train with a private school. You'll get better training and can choose a driving company on your own w/o being tied to a bad one for a year - and Schneider is NOT family friendly. Report Abuse


1 comment:

  1. Hello Elenore, My name is Jim Montie, the social media coordinator for Schneider National. If you would like more information about our company, I would invite you to check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jobsatschneider Please feel free to reach out to me as well at montiej@schneider.com Interesting blog post! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete