Saturday, November 7, 2009

How has Enterprise Rent-A-Car (ERAC) defined its service differently than that of national car rental company?

Service management: operations, strategy, information technology


case study 8.2- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
How has Enterprise Rent-A-Car (ERAC) defined its service differently than that of national car rental company?
They bring the car to you.








Very, very smart strategy.
Reply:the last time I used enterprise, I picked up the car, it needed fuel, was not warmed up and I scraped ice off windows. they brought me another car, to make their life easier-would not pick up the phone locally, and instead of meeting me at home 3 blocks from their office, extended my lunch break and ended up meeting me at work-I called the national line to let them know I had to get back to work and to meet me at my office if they HAD to swap out cars. I had no time to check it and the new one had fuel but needed an oil change and had some serious scrapes, truly they were aweful.


So, locally they don't answer phones and don't care for their fleet. I was very unimpressed.


Nationally, their ads look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment